Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving

Happy Thanksgiving to all my friends and family in the States!  I hope you all have a very blessed day!  I am certainly blessed by all of you.

Obviously, Sweden does not celebrate Thanksgiving, so while you are all visiting, eating and shopping, David will be working extra hours and I will be working at home!  No turkey for us, probably leftover hamburgers!  I am making a nice dinner tonight, so we will have our celebration tonight (if Italian food counts).

Not much has been happening here.  We did go shopping this past weekend and found some new drapes for our bedroom and some new cleaner, whiter roller shades to replace the ugly ones that were in the kitchen!  They have improved the room 1000 times over!  I have been busy measuring and hemming the drapes for the bedroom, they are also an improvement!

This upcoming Sunday, we are going to go to another Julmarknad (Christmas Market) in Växjö.  It takes place on the grounds of the culture center.  I will take pictures and share with you next week.  Also, Sunday marks the start of the Christmas season here because it is the First Sunday of Advent.  No, in general, the Swedish people do not go to church, but 85% of the people in Sweden belong to the Church.  Sweden is really more of a secular society.  Anyhow, because it being the start of the Christmas season, many of the stores will be open for a couple of hours on Sunday afternoon.  I understand they will also decorate their windows nicely. I will report on this next week as well.

Enjoy the rest of your week and may your weekend be filled with many nice thoughts and lots of good memories!

Much love,
Bridgette

No comments:

Post a Comment